About the course
The objective of this course is to provide the teachers with theoretical and practical knowledge regarding entrepreneurial competence development and agile project management
This course is part of the Tempus project activities. The Tempus project is run by top European Universities and six Ukrainian Universities. The course is taught by the best lecturers of the Tempus project Universities.
The course Format
There will be one module of one week that span the critical fundamentals of entrepreneurship in IT. At the end of the module our instructors will engage in a dialogue about the module and there will be an assessment covering the material. The teachers-listeners will be exposed to empirical examples of how startups are growing up.
|Innovation and Entrepreneurship for teachers
|2 ECTS (1 week of study)
|4-10 May 2015
|Language of Instruction
|Main Field of Study
|Teaching Entrepreneurship for IT masters
|Preferable Experience in IT
|31 October 2014
|Deadline for Submission a List of Candidates
|31 December 2014
|Start of the Period of Eventual Interviews.
A representative from the Committee Board will ask a Candidates.
|19 January 2015
|End of the Period of Eventual Interviews.
A representative from the Committee Board will ask a Candidates.
|23 January 2015
|Notification for Applied Candidates on the Teacher Course
|30 January 2015
|The course for teachers
|4-10 May 2015
Every partner University will give a list with three persons for the teacher course. The list should be signed by a responsible person in a University. The responsible person may not be allowed to participate in the courses.
A representative person from the selection board will interview candidates. A decision of acceptance a candidate will be made after the interview.
Winners for the course
- Nytrebych Oksana is an assistant professor at Software Department at Lviv Polythehnic National University. She earned a PhD in Technical science from Lviv Polythehnic National University and M.Sc in Applied Mathematics at I. Franko Lviv National University. She has published her work in journals such as Econtechmod, International Journal of Engineering Science Invention. Her area of research interests lies in applied mathematics, software testing and reliability. She also visited Java programming courses at EPAM company and “Device Hive” courses at DataArt company.
- Anastasiya Chupryna is Associate professor of Software Engineering Department at KNURE, Ukraine and university coordinator of double master exchange program with Linnaeus University, Sweden. 2010 – 2014 - Invited lecturer in courses "Business Intelligence and Data Mining" and "Software Technology Project" at the Linnaeus University, Sweden. Participant of Tempus projects "Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems", The International project National Education Framework for Enhancing IT Students’ Innovation and Entrepreneurship, The International National Structural Measures project Priority – Higher Education and Society are Development of Lifelong learning in society at large. Coordinator of Linnaeus- Palme International Exchange Programme 2015-2016. Experience in international research and education projects.
- Graduated in the field of Computer Systems and Networks, PhD and DSc in the field of Information Technologies. Accredited international engineering educators (ING-PAED IGIP UA-052). She is teaching courses in software engineering field for undergraduate, graduate and second- graduate students. Her courses are Software Architecture, Software Project Management, Agile Development. Last course is taught in cooperation with IT-company Sigma (Odessa office). In addition, she take part in Tempus IV projects NEFESIE and LeAGUe as local coordinator, works as the program committee member of 3 International conferences, perform the duty of deputy head of the department.
- Ilona Revenchuk is Ph.D., Associate Professor of Software Engineering of Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics since April 2006 hitherto, director of the Centre of Postgraduate Education KNURE, since December 2015 hitherto, Ukrainian Coordinator of the Tempus project ”A Network for Developing Lifelong Learning in Armenia, Georgia and Ukraine (LeAGUe)”543839-TEMPUS-1-2013- 1-SE-TEMPUS-SMHES. Graduated from Kharkiv National Polytechnic University. “KhPI” in “Management organizations” and was qualified as “Engineer – manager” in 1994.
- Educational work: lectures, laboratory and practical courses: Project Management, Software Testing, 3D Modeling and Animation in 3DS MAX, Programming and Web design, Group Dynamics and Communication, Intellectual Property. Supervised courses project of “Management Innovation and Strategy” and “Innovation Entrepreneurship in IT” during 2014-2015 academic year. Ilona Revenchuk is the author of 88 publications, namely 74 research and 14 teaching and methodical publications.
- In 1995 graduated from Vinnytsia State Technical University, speciality "Computers & Automated Systems Software". From 1995 to 1998 studied post graduate course in VNTU. In 1999 in the specialized academic council of SPC "Kyiv Institute of Automation" defended thesis "Development of a method of identification of nonlinear objects for decision making based upon fuzzy knowledge bases" and obtained the degree of candidate of technical sciences, specialty 05.13.06 "ACS and advanced information technology". In 2001-2002 he studied at the PhD course at Computer Science Department, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA.
- In 2002 Software Design Engineer Intern. Team: Fusion. Microsoft, Seatle, WA, USA. Since 2009 Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD).
- Since 2007 Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Associate Professor at the Software Development Department since 2008
- Has 40 scientific and methodical publications , including a monograph and 2 manual, 4 articles in Scopus. Teaches subjects :
- Object-oriented programming
- Modeling and analysis of software
- Computer networks organization
- Multimedia systems
- Galyna Chernovolyk is Associate Professor of Software Department of Vinnitsa National Technical University. She teaches the following subjects: probability theory, empirical software engineering methods. She has published her work in "Visnik VPI", " Information Technology and Computer Engineering".
- Kavitska Viktoriia is a senior lecturer at the Department of System Software in Odessa National Polytechnic University. She received a master's degree in Software Automation Systems in ONPU in 2011. She currently studying at the graduate school with a degree in Information Technology in ONPU. She has publish her work in Ukrainian journals such as Works of the Odessa polytechnic university, Works of National technical university of Ukraine "Kyiv polytechnic institute", International scientific conference "Modern information and electronic technologies". Her research interests revolve around analysis of big data, development ontology of domain models, improve adequacy of domain models.
- Maryna Kotova is Ph.D., Associate Professor at the Department of Management of Foreign Trade and Innovation Activity, Deputy Dean of the Economics Faculty, Odessa National Polytechnic University. After receiving education in the specialty of management in the industrial sector, worked as a tax inspector (1998-2001). She earned a Ph.D. in Economics at the Institute for Market Problems and Economic-and- Ecological Research National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Since 2001 she’s been working at the Odessa National Polytechnic University, more than 10 years as a lecturer, her favorite subjects: Management, Investment Management. In 2012 she’s got a certificate of professional development in the methodological foundations of competency approach in the learning process by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Her recent research related to the peculiarities of the creation, operation and evaluation of the startups’ activities.
- Mykola Obidnyk is assistant professor in Vinnytsia National Technical University(VNTU). He got master's degree in 2010 in Vinnytsia National Technical University in specialty Computer science. He earned PhD in VNTU in 2013 in the branch of science Computer systems and components. He teaches courses "Computer Animation", "Computer Video Design" and "Virtual Reality and 3D Modeling". He is the head of the NGO "Talent" which brings together promising young people around innovative ideas and projects. He is the founder of the club "Speak English Free" in Vinnytsia National Technical University. He published more than 40 scientific papers in Ukraine and abroad.
- Pavlo Serdyuk is Associate Professor at Software Department at Lviv Polythehnic National University. He earned a PhD in CAD systems from Lviv Polythehnic National University and M.Sc in Applied Mathematics at I. Franko Lviv National University. He has published his work in journals such as Econtechmod, Computing, Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. His area of research interests lies in applied mathematics and software testing. He also work as a software developer and team lead in such a companies like DevCom, Ericpol, Conscensia and Softserve.
- Yaroslav is associate professor of Software Engineering at Software of Automated Systems department (Institute of Information Technologies at Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas (IFNTUOG)). He was associate professor of Computer Sciences at IFNTUOG and at College of Electronic Devices, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer and Assistant Lecturer of Computer Engineering at IFNTUOG, Assistant Lecturer of Computer Sciences at Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. He earned a PhD in Machines and Mechanisms for Oil and Gas Industry, Master's Degree of Geophysics and Bachelor in Geology from IFNTUOG. Yaroslav has published his work in Ukrainian and Eastern European scientific journals. He participated in international academic and public conferences, seminars and workshops. His research interests are associated with the use of computer-aided design, advanced software systems for automated solution of engineering problems and automation for professional doings. In 2008 his individual project The Drawworks Band-Shoe Brake Friction Unit Simulation wins the President of Ukraine Grants Competition for Young Scientists Researchers. Yaroslav actively involved in public life of Ukraine, he heads NGO Center of Innovations and Actual Results.
- He was born on October 24, 1982 in Vorkuta, Russia. Studied at the Primary School No39 in Vorkuta. In 1992 together with parents moved to Ukraine where continued his studies at Dytiatynska Secondary School. In 1998 entered Physical Technical Lyceum at IFDTUNG. In 2001 entered Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas with specialty Automation of technological processes and environmental monitoring. In 2003 started his work at the Automated Systems Software Department holding the post of the first category technician as a second employment. In 2006 graduated from the university. Started work at the Automated Systems Software Department holding the post of the second category engineer. On December 04, 2006 entered Post-graduate School with specialty 05.13.07 – «Automation of technological processes» under the supervision of prof., D.Sc. V. Yurchyshyn.
- Now he works as associate lecturer in Software of Automation System departments.
- Doctor of Sciences, Professor at Software of Automated Systems department (Institute of Information Technologies at Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas). 2011 - Doctor of Technical Sciences.
- 2007 - Associate Professor of Software of Automated Systems.
- 2003 - PhD in technical sciences in Devices and Methods of Nondestructive testing.
- He published scientific papers and educational books. He participated in international conferences.
- He is deputy editor of two scientific journals “Hydrocarbon Power Engineering” and “Quality Control Tools and Techniques”.
- His research interests are in software in measurement systems.
- He participated in public life in Ivano-Frankivsk society (member of two non-governmental organizations).
- Vita Masyukevych is Assistant Professor, PhD student at Software Department at Lviv Polytechnic National University. She gained MA in Applied Linguistics at Lviv Polytechnic National University. Her area of research interests lies in applied linguistics and machine translation quality. She teaches Group Dynamics and Communication, Fundamentals of Software Engineering, Educational Practice.
- Viktor Kauk is Ph.D., Associate Professor of Software Engineering at Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics (KNURE) in Kharkiv, Ukraine, Director of Center of Distance Learning Technologies KNURE,
- Director of Microsoft Innovation Center KNURE,
- General Director of Ukrainian Association of Distance Education. Research interest: E-learning, Big Data, E-commerce, Intellectual
- Property, Innovation in IT.
- Member expert committee of the regional competition among students for information technology.
- Member of the organizing committee of international conference "Education and Virtuality".
- Member of the program committee of International Youth Forum "Electronics and youth in the 21 st Century".Teaching Experience: Programming technologies in the Internet (Graduate Course), Fall 2002-2012; Basics of e-commerce
- (Graduate Course), Spring 2005-2012; Intellectual property
- (Graduate Course), Fall 2002-2015; Distance learning
- technologies (Undergraduate Course), Spring 2012 – 2015; Think Design (Graduate Course), Fall 2014.
- Participation in international projects: 2003 - exchange of professors, University of Belgrade (Serbia and Montenegro); 2004 - grant U.S. State Department, National Center for the training of engineers in the field of microelectronics of Northampton, USA;2004-2005 - grant of the International Renaissance Foundation; 2007 - joint project with the Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology, Warsaw, Poland; 2008 - representative of Ukraine in the international exhibition CeBIT - 2008, Hannover, German; 2013-2015 - participation of the two Tempus projects.
- Judge activity: 2009, 2010, 2011 - judge in the competition “Computer Design” Microsoft ImagineCup; 2013 – judge in the competition “Kharkiv IT”; 2015 – judge in the competition “IT Evrika”.
Requirements for a Candidate
- Strong intermediate English language skills.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Suggested readings have to be read.
- Ability to work on projects.
- Beneficial prior experience on working with an industry.
- Initially start with with reading the file: WP 6.2. TTT Workshop - The Short Reading List (for preparing your submission to workshop).pdf
- The book authored by Blundel, R. & Lockett, N. we will buy them and distribute to each one of the involved universities. Please note that from this book you need to read only from page 233-249.
- The book authored by Osterwalder, A. & Pigneur, Y. can be found in a digital version.
- The paper authored by Sutherland, I.; Blažek P.; Penzenstadler, B.; Lundberg, H. & Habicht, H. (2014) can also be found.
- The book authored by Foss, N.J. & Klein, P.G. we need to order it as well. Nevertheless, I found the 4 initial chapter available as sample
Innovation and Entrepreneurship for teachers
Faculty of Technology
Department of Computer Science
Main field of study
Expected learning outcomes
The objective of this course is twofold. Firstly, it will provide the student with theoretical and practical knowledge regarding entrepreneurial competence development of the IT based value using modern software development methodologies. Secondly, it will provide the student with a set of theoretical concepts and practical tools that can be used for understanding how IT-based innovative ideas and solutions can potentially be transformed into economic, social and/or other forms of value of which a distinct demand can be identified.
The content of the course consists of different topics related to entrepreneurial competence development and IT based value creation. The execution of a team project for an IT based value using modern software development methodology will be the practical component of this course in which the theoretical aspects will be practiced and the practical doings will be theorized. The main focus is to gradually integrate the entrepreneurship and innovation part with development of an IT based value into a coherent whole by the end of the course, as this is key to entrepreneurial competence development within IT industry.
Type of Instruction
Lectures, seminars and workshops
The course is assessed with the grades Fail (U) or Pass (G).
A written course evaluation will be carried out at the end of the course in accordance with the University guidelines. The course evaluation will be filed at the department.
Upon request, a Swedish University course certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
A course evaluation will be carried out, communicated, documented and archived at the end of the course in accordance with LNU guidlines.
Self evaluation of own achievements during a course
To perform a such self evaluation we propose to use a "Learning Log" approach. The Learning log contains records of thoughts, feelings and reflections that have been written personally by you.
The Learning Log is a personal document and cannot be "right" or "wrong". How do I "do" the Learning Log?
Try to write something down after every new learning experience. Normally use an A4 paper.
- What you did
- Your thoughts
- Your feelings
- How well or badly it went
- What you learnt
- What you will do differently next time.
On a regular basis (usually 3-5 weeks) review what you have written and reflect upon this. Be honest with yourself.
These lectures are selected from the course to give an overview of form and style of lecturing.
They express the most important topics from the course.
- My professional passion is nascent entrepreneurship in practices constituted of hybrid logics or increasingly under influence thereof. This passion is governed by my fascination for and experience of forming structures, negotiating images, materializing the not yet realized and dealing with vagueness as a productive resource. This passion has its roots in my deep involvement from young age in a movement that, as it turned out to be, formed a new sport (Floorball) that in three decades was to become the 2nd biggest in Sweden and now is spread to about fifty countries and formally invited to try out for becoming a new Olympic Sport.
- As of now, I am engaged in pan-European collaborations on capacity building and knowledge infrastructure set-up in the fields of entrepreneurship and innovation. I mostly operate as founder/academic entrepreneur in the nascent phase and then tone down my roles and move on to new ventures. Key examples are the Vice Presidency in EURAM (www.euram-online.org), software- and methodology development in leadership and innovation research (www.innotracing.org) and Chief Analyst in two European Union Tempus Projects chaired by Linnaeus University in cooperation with the Ministries of Education in Ukraine, Armenia and Georgia and a consortia of universities, on developing a national standard for entrepreneurship and innovation dimensions of IT Masters in Ukraine (1st project) and on developing a national standard for Lifelong learning practices and perspectives in Ukraine, Armenia and Georgia (2nd project). When Europe gets too European, I'm often to be found on any of the many streets of 'La mas querida'; Ciudad de México, my "entrepreneurial oasis" since many years back. Specialties: * Combinatory: Experienced in combining/linking previously unlinked areas/phenomenon, * Consistent: Following through long processes until result is created, * Carnivalesque: Embraces ambiguity, uncertainty and differences and good at managing such processes.
- As head of the Innovation Department, he aims to enhance IPN’s technology transfer activities through commercialization of technologies and support to spin-offs’ creation.
- He was also been the coordinator of the following projects in the last 5 years:
- - INEO Start: a two month startup acceleration program since 2010, that has gathered more than 80 startups and up to 1000 participants, amongst entrepreneurs, mentors and staff.
- - Manager of the Portuguese Space Agency Incubator (ESA BIC Portugal manager) since 2014, and responsible for the National Technology Transfer Initiative in Portugal, which has gathers IPN, the Space Office of Fundação of Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT) and the European Space Agency (ESA) for the strengthening the competitiveness of the Portuguese space industry by supporting and facilitating the transfer of space technologies to non-space markets (2012 to 2014).
- - “DHMS - Medical & HealthCare Solutions Regional Network”, from 2010 to 2012, which aimed to foster open innovation schemes in the Healthcare and Medical Solutions regional sector.
- - “XHMS - Center of Excellence in Healthcare and Medical Solutions”, a project aimed to foster a network of excellence in Healthcare sect, supported by the POSC, from 2005 to 2008.
- - GAPI3 Innovation network, project supported by the COMPETE, which involves the leading Portuguese universities (6 partners) (2013 to 2015).
- - GAPI 2.0 - Offices for the promotion of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Intellectual Property, project supported by the COMPETE which involved the leading Portuguese universities (8 partners) (2008 to 2011).
- He is a lecture at Coimbra University in innovation management, and has a Master’s degree (MSc) by the Universidade de Coimbra (Economics Faculty) on European Economics and a Degree in Business Management by the Universidade de Coimbra.
- Graduate in Law by the Law Faculty of Coimbra University (2000), Post- Graduate in Bank, Insurance and Stock Market Law (2001) and Corporate Law (2003) by the same Faculty. Relevant skills and competences in legal issues specifically focused in Intellectual Property Law, with continuous work since 2002. Between 2000 and 2003 did Barrister training in Arménia Coimbra Law Firm. Laywer of Coimbra Bar since 2003 (License no 4911-C, 8th January 2003). Since the end of 2001 in Instituto Pedro Nunes as Legal Advisor, with permanent work in Labour, Civil, Contract, Commercial, Corporate and Public Procurement Law in support of Instituto Pedro Nunes Board of Directors, IPN Incubadora Executive Board and all incubated companies. Between 01/01/2002 and 31/12/2007, José Ricardo Aguilar integrated UIPP – Unit for the Industrial Property Promotion in Instituto Pedro Nunes. Since the beginning of 2008, is part ofInstituto Pedro Nunes Knowledge Valorisation and Commercialization Unit. Within this framework, has current activities in intellectual property law (industrial property law and copyright law), supporting the drafting of technology transfer agreements and other Science / Company documents and agreements. In parallel, supports Coimbra University’s Technology Transfer Office on IP protection and daily management of all industrial property applications filed by Coimbra University, as well as managing R&D partnerships. Additionally, has relevant intervention as trainee and lecturer, both in specific training programs, post-graduate studies and graduate studies. Since 2011, Invited Lecturer on the Biomedical Pharmacy Degree of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Coimbra University, co-responsible for the module “Regulatory Affairs and Patents”. Also participates regularly, both as attendee and as speaker, in several events on technology transfer and IP matters organized by the most relevant global entities (AUTM, LES, ASTP, ERA, OECD, OMPI, WIPO and EPO). Was part of the Board of Directors of PROTON EUROPE, the Pan-European Network of Public Research Organisations, from March 2009 to September 2011.
- He is Director of the Business Informatics Group and a Senior Lecturer in Information Systems at the School of Computing, Dublin City University (Ireland). He is research affiliate at The Open Government Institute at Zeppelin University in Germany. His research interests include Information Quality Management, Innovation, Cloud Computing and Service Science, Enterprise Architecture and Open Data and Smart Cities. Markus Helfert has authored more than 200 academic articles and book contributions and has presented his work at international conferences. He is member of international programme committees and reviewer and associate editor of several IS journals. Prior to his appointment at Dublin City University, he held a research position at the Institute of Information Management at the University of St. Gallen. Dr. Helfert holds a PhD from the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland), an MSc from the University of Mannheim (Germany) and a BSc from Napier University in Scotland (UK).
- She is a Principal Lecturer for Student Experience and Course Director for MSc. eBusiness, in the department of Computing and Communication Technologies at Oxford Brookes University. Her research interests include development of smart education tools and technologies especially for STEM subjects and lectures mainly in Information Technology for Business Management, eBusiness and Web Software Development.
- Samia has worked previously as a computer consultant and held teaching positions at the Department for Continuing Education at University of Oxford.
- Michael currently works as a lecturer in a range of topics related to analytics and e-business at Oxford Brookes University and the University of Warwick, and is completing a PhD in analytics and operational research at Loughborough University. He also earned a MSc from Warwick University and a BA Hons from Middlesex University. Aside from his academic research he works as a consultant specialising in digital marketing, business intelligence and analytics. His vocational background includes a variety of positions in the travel industry, most recently as the Head of Marketing and eCommerce at an online travel agency. Michael’s research interests include a wide range of topics in analytics and e-commerce including digital analytics, natural language processing, business intelligence and customer insight.
Upon the course completion the organizing committee from the Linnaeus University will issue a certificate that will confirm obtained knowledge and proficiency.
The certificate will be signed by responsible person from the Linnaeus University.
An example of certificate