On 23rd of May, Institute of Information Technologies and Computer Engineering of Vinnytsia National Technical University organized non-profit regional seminar for university teachers in IT, managers of departments and coordinators, involved in innovative activity in the universities, and other IT-specialists.
Theme of seminar: «Using European experience to improve student innovation and entrepreneurship in universities of Ukraine”
Seminar was held in the framework of Tempus project “National Education Framework for Enhancing IT Students’ Innovation and Entrepreneurship” (NEFESIE), started in October, 2012. - http://tempus.nung.edu.ua/
The purpose of the workshop was to review the results and planned activities of the Tempus project and to involve teachers and employees of IT companies to intensify students' innovations in the national education system.
There were registered 50 participants from Central region of Ukraine (Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr, Cherkasy and Khmelnytsky regions). The representatives of leading IT companies actively took part in the seminar.
The following questions were discussed during the seminar:
- Knowledge and experience of IT-students in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship,
- Common structural model of organization of innovative and entrepreneurial activities of IT-students,
- Organization of innovation and practical training of students in VNTU,
- Microsoft Innovation Initiatives in Ukraine and prospects for their use in preparing of IT professionals,
- Student start-up realization in the environment of Innovative Platform,
- Innovations and learning resources of Center of information technologies and information security VNTU,
- Educational opportunities and trends in the implementation of innovative component in the study of programming in high schools,
- Building of ecosystem of IT-students innovation and entrepreneurship,
There was made an announcement of Student Innovation Contest and 1st All-Ukrainian Forum of IT-Students Innovations.