IT-Eureka! Ukraine contest has gathered winners from Ukraine teams and an international group of experts in Lviv Polytechnic University, Lviv city, Ukraine. This is the second contest that was founded by members of European Tempus project “National Education Framework for Enhancing IT Students’ Innovation and Entrepreneurship”, (NEFESIE).
After the opening and welcome session there were speeches of:
- Volodymyr Melnyk (Senior Software Engineer, DataArt): “Technical debt”;
- Eugene Yakovlev (Head of Odesa Branch, Sigma Software): “Tips and tricks for young engineers and startupers”.
The presentation of Volodymyr Melnyk
Their speeches were at good technical level and they had motivated students to show own skills in the best way.
After introduction speeches of the experts the student teams had presented own projects to the international jury:
- Jan Aidemark (Linnaeus University, Sweden);
- Volodymyr Chyrva (Sigma Software, Ukraine);
- Artem Grechukha (Pivdenne State Design Office, Ukraine);
- Hans Lundberg (Linnaeus University, Sweden);
- Niklas Malmros (Sigma Technology, Sweden);
- Olexiy Ozun (DataArt, Ukraine);
- Stepan Veselovskyi (Lviv IT Cluster, Ukraine).
At the contest had been chosen 10 top projects from hundreds of submitted projects from Ukrainian universities.
These the top 10 projects are:
- The project “The software application “Direct Drive" for Android” from Vinnytsya National Technical University
- The project “Discounty” from Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics
- The project “Project CCLIPSE” from Vinnytsya National Technical University
- The project “SOCIALIZER” from Vinnytsya National Technical University
- The project “ECO-WINDOW” from Vinnytsya National Technical University
- The project “C.A.D.\y (Cut and Dry) ” from Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University
- The project “StarShift input method” from Vinnytsya National Technical University
- The project “PressBox” from National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute"
- The project “Taryfikator” from Lviv Polytechnic National University
- The project “Route Advisor” from Lviv Polytechnic National University
A few pictures from students’ presentations:
The audience was happy with presentations, people listened speeches carefully and asked a lot of questions.